Texas Southmost College requires all students interested in applying to the Nursing programs must complete the HESI Admission Assessment (A2).
Students interested in applying for TSC LVN program need to test with the acceptable Entrance Exam. The score standard is set by the program.
BEFORE REGISTERING FOR EXAM
Student must have an ACITVE Admissions application, check with the Office of Admission and Records (956) 295-3600.
Or, apply at ApplyTexas.org
New to HESI Nursing Entrance Exam
Students must create an account.
DO NOT PAY ONLINE, ONLY CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
Follow steps below.
- Go to evolve.elsevier.com and click I'm a student.
- In the HESI Secured Exams section, click the link that says Register for Results and Remediation.
- Click Register for this Now to place this in your cart, and then Redeem/Checkout from the cart screen.
- If you are a returning user, enter your Evolve username and password and click Login. If you are new to Evolve, enter your name, email, desired password, institution information (if applicable), and click Continue.
- Check the Box, Yes, I accept the Registered User Agreement
- Select Submit
- Check your email for assigned username and provide to Testing Office.
REGISTERING FOR EXAM
Registration is open for LVN Program candidates.
Seating is limited to the first 100 students, first-come first-served basis.
Spring 2017 Test Dates
March 2nd and 30th @1:30pm
April 6th and 20th @1:30pm
May 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th @ 1:30pm
You must pre-register for the HESI exam in person with a photo ID at the Testing Center and must have a TSC ID number and HESI Username.
Cost: $37 fee
Two times per year (January—December) to achieve the minimum 70% per section and minimum 75% overall. The 2nd attempt can be attempted after 30 days after initial attempt, regardless of where the test is taken. Student must provide proof of completed Evolve/HESI Remediation before scheduling their next attempt.