NEW OR FORMER STUDENT
Step 1: APPLY
The first step to begin your educational journey at Texas Southmost College is to complete your ApplyTexas Application. You can apply online by simply following the link below:
Finalize your application process by submitting the following documents:
- Submit official High School Transcript (sealed envelope)
- Submit proof of GED (test scores and certificate)
- Returning/ Transfer Student:
- Submit an official transcript from each college or university that you attended.
- Contact your previous education institution(s) to request official transcripts. They can be mailed to:
- Texas Southmost College
Office of Admissions
80 Fort Brown
Brownsville, Texas 78520
- Immunization-If you are under the age of 22 you must submit proof of the Bacterial Meningitis vaccine. State law requires that entering students show evidence of receiving a Bacterial Meningitis vaccination or booster dose during the five years before enrollment. The law allows for some exceptions.
Step 2: TESTING
All students are required to take a state-mandated reading, writing, and math assessment test. To schedule an exam, log into the TSC Marketplace and select ‘Testing Center.’ There you will find in-person or online TSI exams. You must fulfill the state-mandated assessment test requirements before completing the advising process.
Step 3: ADVISING
Our College Enrollment Coaches will provide you with exceptional guidance and support as you launch your future with us. They are here to assist you with beginning your educational journey as a Scorpion. You can find our Enrollment Coaches at the Oliveira Student Services Center.
Step 4: PAYING FOR COLLEGE
TSC Believes in providing access to an affordable, quality education. We can help you explore your options, including scholarships, grants, and loans. TSC offers accommodating payment options to get you ready for class.
Step 5: NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
New student Orientation is a mandatory orientation for all new students. During the orientation, you will learn about college resources and services available for students, including campus life, tutoring, and more.