Delia Saenz appointed new TSC Trustee for Place 4

Delia Saenz taking oathSaenz was sworn in by Cameron County District Attorney Luis V. Saenz as the newly appointed TSC Trustee for Place 4 following the approval on a resolution of appointment of a trustee. She fills the Place 4 position left vacant by former Vice Chair Trey Mendez, who resigned his position after he was elected mayor of the City of Brownsville in June.

“Brownville and Texas Southmost College have been very good to me and my family, and serving on the TSC Board of Trustees is a wonderful way to give back to our community,” said Saenz. “TSC has a very special place in my heart and I am very excited to be back. I graduated from TSC and my goal is to advocate for the college and look after the best interests of our students, faculty and taxpayers.”

Saenz taught for 30 years at the Austin and Brownsville Independent School Districts before retiring 15 years ago. She is involved with the Lord of Divine Mercy Catholic Church and serves as a member of the Counting Team, is an Extraordinary Eucharist Minister and a Lector. Previously, she served on the Building Committee. Saenz is also a member of the Catholic Daughters of the Americas and serves as Chairwoman of the Circle of Love Committee.

Prior to attending the Lord of Devine Mercy, she was a member of the board of Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church.

Saenz earned a Bachelor of Science in Education from Texas A&I-Kingsville and earned an associate degree in Liberal Arts from TSC.

“We are fortunate to have Delia Saenz joining us on the TSC Board of Trustees,” said Adela G. Garza, TSC Board of Trustees Chair. “Our students, the board and the college will greatly benefit from the knowledge that she brings to the table. She is a pillar of the community and her background in education will add to the diversity on the board of trustees.”

About Texas Southmost College
Originally established in 1926, Texas Southmost College currently offers the first two years toward a bachelor’s degree, along with career and technical education leading to certificates and associate degrees, college preparatory studies to prepare students for college-level work, workforce training, and continuing education. TSC offers 50 programs of study leading to an associate degree or certificate.