Certified Nursing Assistant earn between $25,183 and $30,510 annually.
Over 250 Personal Care Assistants are needed throughout Cameron County annually.
Certified Nursing Assistants are in high demand. If you enjoy caring for people, and are interested in a career in healthcare, becoming a Certified Nurse Assistant is a great career choice. The Nurse Assistant Training Program in an intensive, 112-hour course consisting of classroom instruction, skills lab experience, and hands-on training at a clinical site. Upon successful completion, students will be eligible to take the state certification exam. Nursing assistant typically work in clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, or long-term care facilities under the supervision of the registered nurse. Take the next step to a rewarding career in healthcare.
This 112-hour, 7 week, CNA program has been designed to deliver the skills you need in a short period of time so you can enter this high growth occupation quickly.
Program Enrollment Requirements
Students taking health programs that have direct contact with patients will be required to meet or obtain the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Applicants must achieve a passing on the pre-entrance exam in the areas of:
- Reading, Math, and Writing.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License/State ID
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Immunizations (*Required for clinicals*)
- COVID-19 Vaccine (both doses)
- Influenza Vaccine (obtain during flu season newest vaccine for that year)
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (with negative result) or Chest X-Ray (good for 1 year)
- TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) – (2 vaccines and titer)
- Hepatitis B vaccine series (3 vaccines)
- Bacterial Meningitis (Students are exempt if they are 22 years of age or older)
- Criminal Background Check
- *Applicants will contact the Continuing Education office before starting a background check*
- Drug Screening
- *Applicants will contact the Continuing Education office before starting a drug screening*
- CPR Certification for Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer
- Tennis shoes (non-canvas) with conservative logo (no colored strips, no clogs, crocs, etc.)
- Watch with a second hand
|Course Name||Course Number||Location|
|Nurse Aide for Health Care||NURA 1001||D3A-138|
|Clinical-Nurse Assistant||NURA 1060||D3A-138|
|Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|Dulce Rivera – Coordinator of WTCE Programs
Email Us: [email protected]
Phone: (956) 295-3724
301 Mexico Blvd.