Starting average pay in the state of Texas for Patient Care Technicians is between $30,000 and $35,000 annually.
- Students will learn the basic nursing principles and advanced nurse aid skills to successfully render service to all types of patients.
- Establish a safe and supportive environment for the patient through ethical and legal responsibilities, effective communication, observation skills, fire safety, infection control, CPR, EKG, and phlebotomy practices.
- Secure employment in the health care industry.
- Hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities
Program Enrollment Requirements
- Applicants must have successfully completed the Certified Nursing Assistant Program, to be admitted into the Patient Care Technician courses.
|Course Name||Course Number||Location||Instructor|
|Nurse Aide for Health Care||NURA 1001||ITEC D3A-143||Margarita Covarrubias|
|Clinical-Nurse Assistant||NURA 1060||ITEC D3A-143||Margarita Covarrubias|
|Patient Care Technician/Assistant||NUPC 1020||ITEC D3A-143||Margarita Covarrubias|
|Patient Care Assistant/Aide||NUPC 1060||TBA||Margarita Covarrubias|
To register, contact the Office of Workforce Training and Continuing Education