Starting average pay in the state of Texas for Patient Care Technicians is between $30,000 and $35,000 annually.
- Students will learn the basic nursing principles and advanced nurse aid skills to successfully render service to all types of patients.
- Establish a safe and supportive environment for the patient through ethical and legal responsibilities, effective communication, observation skills, fire safety, infection control, CPR, EKG, and phlebotomy practices.
- Secure employment in the health care industry.
- Hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities
Program Enrollment Requirements
Students taking health programs that have direct contact with patients will be required to meet or obtain the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Applicants must achieve a passing on the pre-entrance exam in the areas of:
- Reading, Math, and Writing.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License/State ID
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Immunizations (*Required for clinicals*)
- COVID-19 Vaccine (both doses)
- Influenza Vaccine (obtain during flu season newest vaccine for that year)
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (with negative result) or Chest X-Ray (good for 1 year)
- TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) – (2 vaccines and titer)
- Hepatitis B vaccine series (3 vaccines)
- Bacterial Meningitis (Students are exempt if they are 22 years of age or older)
- Criminal Background Check
- *Applicants will contact the Continuing Education office before starting a background check*
- Drug Screening
- *Applicants will contact the Continuing Education office before starting a drug screening*
- CPR Certification for Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer
- Tennis shoes (non-canvas) with conservative logo (no colored strips, no clogs, crocs, etc.)
- Watch with a second hand
|Course Name||Course Number||Hours||Location|
|Nurse Aide for Health Care||NURA 1001||64||ITEC D3A-143|
|Clinical-Nurse Assistant||NURA 1060||48||ITEC D3A-143|
|Patient Care Technician||NUPC 1020||96||ITEC D3A-143|
|Electrocardiography||ECRD 1011||80||ITEC D3A-143|
|Phlebotomy||PLAB 1023||64||ITEC D3A-143|
|Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|Dulce Rivera – Coordinator of WTCE Programs
Email Us: [email protected]
Phone: (956) 295-3724
301 Mexico Blvd.