Entry level welders earn on average $18 per hour or $36,720 annually.
Over the next 5 years over 500 welders will be needed in Brownsville, TX.
The Introduction to Welding Programs prepares students to weld using the following processes; Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Flux-Core Arc Welding (FCAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAC), and Gas Tungston Arc Welding (GTAW).
- Be able to earn NCCER credentials
- Receive OSHA 10 Certification
- Receive an TSC Certificate of Completion
$2,500 – 160 hour course
$1,800 – 120 hour course
- Course number: WLDG 1021, WLDG 1023, WLDG 1048
Workforce Solutions Cameron funding is available for eligible applicants.
Schedule of Classes
WELDING TECHNICIAN 160 hrs
- August 28 – December 18 / Saturday / 8:00pm – 5:00pm
- September 25 – November 17 / Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday / 12:30pm – 4:40pm
- September 13 – November 17 / Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday / 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Early Registration Accepted
Contact the Office of Workforce Training and Continuing Education
Phone: (956) 295-3724
Email us at [email protected].