Walk-in Here: https://texassouthmostcollege.zoom.us/j/91327062995
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Welcome to Texas Southmost College Preparatory Studies (CPS) Learning Labs. We provide peer tutoring services and review sessions in Math, Reading, Writing, and other subjects. Our tutors, certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA), have excellent communications skills and broad knowledge of the subjects they tutor. We are here to help you achieve outstanding academic success and ease your transition into a college environment.
Purpose and Goals
To provide the campus community access to tutoring services and open computer labs to support student learning.
- Inspire students to become independent learners.
- Help students develop strong working relationships with faculty.
- Help students through encouragement and support.
- Help students identify their academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Help students to understand the benefits of working on assignments in a timely manner.
Outcomes for Students
- Students will learn how to study more effectively, improving their study experience and encouraging them to study more often.
- Students will understand why regular communication with their instructors leads to a better classroom relationship, as well as how to communicate at a college level.
- Students will join a community of Peer Tutors who share in the challenges college presents and how they have developed habits to overcome them.
- Students will learn to use Metacognition (the ability to think about the way that we learn) to analyze their study skills and identify their strengths and weaknesses, allowing them to address those weaknesses and improve their learning ability.
- Students will learn about and practice “Time Management” skills, allowing them to complete homework, projects, etc. in a timely manner.