- I agree to take care of the laptop.
- I agree that the laptop will remain in my possession until it is returned to the kiosk.
- I agree that I will not allow any other person to use the laptop.
- I agree to alert the library staff to any possible damage that may have occurred during the time the laptop is in my possession and prior to its return.
- I agree that I am responsible for any lost or damaged laptop that is checked out to me.
- I understand that the laptop will be checked out for 48 hours and to be returned by the time which it is due.
- I understand that fees and/or fines may apply if I return the laptop late or damaged; and if fees and/or fines are not paid, a hold may be placed on my TSC student account which may prohibit me from registering for courses or obtaining my official transcript.
- I understand that I cannot store any personal information upon the laptop, and TSC is not responsible for any lost information. All information will be cleared after closing the laptop.
Laptop Equipment Checkout Questions
Where can I check out a laptop or other equipment?
Currently enrolled TSC college students can check out a laptop in Set.B. 1.536.
How do I check out a laptop?
TSC students can check out a laptop using their TSC ID and single sign on password at the laptop kiosk located in Set.B. 1.536.
How do I log on to the laptop once I check it out?
Once a TSC student checks out a laptop using their TSC ID and single sign on password at the laptop kiosk located in Set.B. 1.536, they can log on with the username “tsc user” and no password needed.
How much does it cost?
This is a free service provided to currently enrolled TSC college students. However, if the laptop is turned in late, late fees will apply. There is a $5 per day late fee for the laptop if it is past due. The maximum late fee is $1,025. If the laptop is lost, stolen, not returned, or damaged, the replacement fee is $1,025. There is a $2 per day late fee for the charger. The charger replacement fee if lost, stolen, not returned, or damaged is $50.
What are the rules?
There are a variety of rules which apply when checking out a laptop.
- You are responsible for the full replacement value of any equipment that is stolen, damaged or lost while it is checked out to you.
- You may not checkout equipment for other students, non-students or suspended users.
- You must return the laptop by the due date and time
A $5 per day late fee applies for the laptop.
- Laptops or equipment not returned in a timely manner as described in the sign-out agreement form will result in a maximum $1,025 late fee, a hold on your registration, official transcripts, and notification of TSC Security.
- Repeated incidents of damage and/or neglect or not following TSC checkout policy, including repeated failure to return devices on time, may result in the revocation of checkout privileges from TSC.
What are those late fees, again?
$5 for every 24-hours past the due date and time that the laptop or equipment is not turned in.
How can I pay my late fee?
Late fees can be paid at the TSC Cashier’s Office located in Oliveira Student Service Center.
What if I have some sort of a technical problem?
You may email [email protected] or call helpdesk at 956-295-3800
Where can I use the wireless networking capabilities on the Fort Brown campus and ITEC center?
“TSC Wifi Portal” and legacy “Eduroam” are both available to students on both Fort Brown campus and ITEC Center