- Anyone being considered for hire, transfer, promotion, reclassification or reassignment is subject to a criminal background check.
- Criminal conviction information may be requested from state and federal agencies to ensure that job candidates are qualified, under law, for positions sought.
- Employment offers are contingent upon the applicant meeting or surpassing the minimum requirements posted on the job announcement.
- Positions are posted as ‘Open Until Filled’ unless otherwise noted.
- If you are not contacted for an interview within 30 days after the closing of a job posting (position announcement), please conclude that you may not be a finalist for that position.
- Notices are sent when the position has been filled and after all processing and approvals are finalized.
- Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted by hiring supervisors of the College.
- All TSC employees must be authorized to work in the United States, regardless of citizenship or national origin, except where specified by law. If you are not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you may need to apply for an employment authorization document to prove you may work in the U.S.
Recommendations for Hire
Official transcripts are only required if recommended for hire.
Official transcripts from nationally or regionally accredited institutions of higher education for all Faculty/Staff/Administrative positions shall be sent directly from the issuing institution to Texas Southmost College and must include documentation of all credit earned, including the education requirements that specifically qualifies the applicant for the position. The address to send all transcripts is:
Texas Southmost College
Office of Human Resources
80 Fort Brown, Tandy 105
Brownsville, Texas 78520
For eTranscripts please use email address: [email protected]
The College District recognizes equivalent credits and degrees earned from foreign universities. The equivalency shall be determined by translation and evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For more information please visit: www.naces.org.