- Transfer courses require a master’s degree or higher with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline.
- Non-transfer courses require an associate’s degree or higher.At least three years of documented direct or related work experience in the field (other than teaching).
- Developmental courses require a baccalaureate degree in a discipline related to the teaching assignment and at least one of the following:
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience in the discipline related to the assignment; or
- Graduate training in teaching or developmental education.
A Master’s degree or higher in the teaching discipline is preferred.
Your application is not considered complete until your transcripts are attached. Please ensure that you scan and attach all required transcripts with your online application.
All applicants for positions with the College are required to submit a completed application and official transcripts of collegiate work in order to be recommended for employment. Official transcripts shall be sent directly from the issuing institution to the College District’s Office of Human Resources and must include documentation of all credit earned, including the education requirements that specifically qualifies the applicant for the position. The address to send all transcripts is:
Texas Southmost College
Office of Human Resources
80 Fort Brown, Tandy 105
Brownsville, Texas 78520
For eTranscripts please use email address: [email protected]
- Applications for adjunct positions are reviewed as part-time faculty assignments become available.
- Department Chairs and hiring supervisors system wide will be reviewing applications and making hiring decisions on an as-needed basis.