Exemptions are a type of financial assistance allowing some Texas residents to attend a public college or university in Texas without paying tuition, or in some cases, tuition and fees.
Below is a list of exemptions offered at Texas Southmost College.
- Adopted Students Formerly in Foster or Other Residential Care
- Blind/Deaf Student Exemption Program
- Children of Disabled or Deceased Firemen, Peace Officers, Game Wardens, and Employees of Correctional Institutions
- Exemption Program for Children of Professional Nursing Program Faculty and Staff
- Exemption for Clinical Preceptor and Their Children
- Exemption for Highest Ranking High School Graduate
- Exemption for Peace Officer Enrolled in Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice Courses
- Exemption for Students Enrolled in Courses for Dual High School and College-Level Credit
- Exemption for Students under Conservatorship of the Dept. of Family and Protective Services (Foster Care)
- Exemption for the Surviving Spouse and Dependent Children of Certain Deceased Public Servants (Employees)
- Firefighters Taking Fire Science Courses
3rd Party Contracts
- Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan