How to utilize credits earned during the UTB/TSC partnershipCredits earned during the agreement period (Fall 1991 thru Fall 2015) between The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College (UTB/TSC) can be applied toward a current TSC degree or certificate.
A degree audit will be conducted using your earned UTB/TSC credits, to determine your standing on a current TSC degree plan. We will evaluate against several degree plans, to let you know which degree plan works best for you. Our finding will be relayed to you via email.
All Credits taken under the UTB/TSC partnership are considered transferred credits and must comply with the TSC Transfer Process. You can request for your coursework to be evaluated by submitting a UTB/TSC Credit Evaluation Form. We will conduct a degree audit and let you know of your status via email.
Transfer Admissions Process:
If you wish to pursue a TSC degree using your UTB/TSC credits, you must:
- Apply for Admissions
Complete and submit the Apply Texas admissions application at www.applytexas.org. An active application is required to move forward with the enrollment process.
Submit one proof of Texas state residency for tuition purposes to the Office of Admissions. All residency documents must include the student’s name and address and be dated 12 months prior to the first class day.
- Comply with the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements.
If your program requires a Math and /or English course that was not satisfied by transfer credit, you may require to complete our college state-mandated reading, writing and/ or math assessment exam prior to registering.
- Submit Transcripts
Request official high school and college transcripts from previous institution(s). UTB/TSC transcripts are not required to be submitted.
Official transcripts must be in an original sealed envelope and submitted to TSC: In person at the Admissions & Records Office or Mail to: Admissions & Records Office
80 Fort Brown Brownsville, TX 78520.
- Provide proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination.
State law requires that entering students show evidence of receiving a bacterial meningitis vaccination or booster dose during the five (5) year period prior to enrollment. The law allows for some exceptions. Information is also available through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). Students are except if they are 22 years of age or older.
- A student must complete the UTB/TSC Credit Evaluation Form so the evaluation can begin.
- Allow the Office of Admissions & Records 3-5 business days for evaluation. The time frame is dependent on the volume of transcripts received.
- TSC will transfer credits from a regionally accredited institutions as long as the grade is a C or above. When a course has been repeated, the last grade stands.
- Developmental, technical, and vocational courses are non-transferrable unless courses pertaining a specific program at TSC are approved by an Academic Dean.If a Bachelor’s or higher level degree has been awarded to you at your previous institution no academic evaluation will be completed. However, wanting to obtain a degree at TSC will give you eligibility to transfer only lower level courses towards your program of study.
(Request must be initiated by your academic advisor to the admissions and records office via email)
- To learn about the courses you have completed that will transfer to TSC please visit www.tccns.org *Note that not all colleges or universities are listed.
- Evaluation of course credit taken at other institutions does not assure approval of credit for use towards TSC degree requirements.
Degree & College requirements:
To be awarded an Associate Degree or Certificate, you must:
- Complete all required courses and semester credit hours for the specific degree or certificate.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all coursework completed at TSC (excluding developmental-level coursework).
- Submit official transcripts of all coursework attempted at other colleges and universities.
- Earn a “C” or better for all degree requirements for the technical program major in Associate of Applied Science Degree or Certificate programs.
- Earn at least 25% of degree hours required for graduation in residency at TSC.
- Fulfill all Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements.
- Be in Good Academic Standing at the end of the term you are receiving the degree.Complete all required courses and semester credit hours for the specific associate degree or certificate as outlined under your Catalog.