Reverse Transfer

Get your associate degree after you transfer!

If you transfer to a university before graduating from Texas Southmost College, you can still earn your associate degree through reverse transfer. This process recognizes your accomplishments and awards you the important credential you deserve. For students who transfer to most Texas universities, this is an automated system.

How does it work?

  • Give your university consent to release your transcript to TSC. This is an option on the Apply Texas Admission Application, which is used for all public universities as well as some private institutions. (If you’re not sure you consented or you already graduated with a bachelor’s degree, contact your university registrar’s office.
  • At the end of each semester, universities automatically send TSC a list of students who may qualify for an associate degree and approved sharing their transcripts.
  • TSC evaluates those students’ transcripts. You will be notified if you have earned an associate degree.

Am I eligible?

Yes, if:

  • You earned at least 30 credits from TSC.
  • You transferred from TSC to a four- year college or university.
  • You’ve earned at least 60 credits total, including coursework completed at your university.

Ready for reverse transfer now?

In addition to the automated process, you can request a reverse transfer degree audit at any time. Follow these steps:

  • Ask your university’s registrar to send a transcript to TSC.
  • Apply for reverse transfer using the TSC graduation application.  (Go to Student Self-Service and follow the graduation application instructions.)
  • TSC will let you know if you are eligible for an associate’s degree or need to meet additional requirements.