Get your associate degree after you transfer!
If you transfer to a university before graduating from Texas Southmost College, you can still earn your associate degree through reverse transfer. This process recognizes your accomplishments and awards you the important credential you deserve. For students who transfer to most Texas universities, this is an automated system.
How does it work?
- Give your university consent to release your transcript to TSC. This is an option on the Apply Texas Admission Application, which is used for all public universities as well as some private institutions. (If you’re not sure you consented or you already graduated with a bachelor’s degree, contact your university or college’s registrar’s office.)
- At the end of each semester, universities automatically send TSC a list of students who may qualify for an associate degree and approved sharing their transcripts.
- TSC evaluates those students’ transcripts. You will be notified if you have earned an associate degree.
Am I eligible?
- You earned at least 15 credits from TSC and if you meet residency requirements.
- You’ve earned at least 60 credits total, including coursework completed at your college or university and you meet the requirements for your degree with courses taken at TSC and the other institution.
Ready for reverse transfer now?
Follow these simple steps to get you on your way towards earning your associates degree from TSC:
- Request an official transcript from the university you are attending to be sent to TSC.
- Apply for reverse transfer using the TSC graduation application.
- Please provide accurate contact information so that TSC personnel will keep you posted on the progress made towards earning your associates degree.
A formal graduation ceremony is held at the close of the regular Spring and Fall semesters. Graduates should indicate on the application if they plan to participate in the respective ceremony.
Please visit commencement for important details.
Receive your diploma or certificate
Following commencement, Graduation will mail your TSC diploma to the address listed on your graduation application.
If you prefer to pick up your diploma, you are able to indicate this on your application. You will receive notice via email with instructions on pickup when your diploma is ready.
Allow four weeks for processing official degrees and certificates.