For initial consideration, nominees to all advisory committees below must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be enrolled at a public institution of higher education;
- Be in good academic standing as determined by the institution;
- Commit to fulfill all advisory committee related responsibilities during their term of service, to include attendance at all advisory committee meetings;
- Have a strong drive and self-motivation to contribute to the progress of higher education in Texas.
If appointed, the student representative must continue to meet the following criteria for the length of their term:
- Maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Maintain enrollment at a public institution of higher education for duration of term; and
- Maintain a state-wide perspective on higher education (as opposed to representing any single college or university).