- Assist students identify a program of study
- Guide students in mapping the road towards graduation according to program of study
- Inform about academic policies and practices
- Alert about TSC academic and personal resources
- Respect students and be sensitive to their academic needs
- Stay abreast of changes in academic policies and latest trends in advisement and communicate that to students
- Provide a supportive environment which promotes developing educational plans compatible with career aspirations.
- Facilitate a successful transition to the institution
- Become familiar with the information and resources available on the TSC website.
- Develop and maintain a plan for respective program of study.
- Schedule appointments as needed during the academic term and be prepared to meet with an advisor by bringing pertinent information and materials. Prepare a list of questions.
- Communicate openly and honestly with your academic advisor regarding issues that affect your educational goals and academic performance.
- Be aware of registration-related deadlines.
- Maintain current contact information (address, local/cell, and permanent phone numbers) in the TSC Student Information System.
- Assume final responsibility for course scheduling, program planning, and successful completion of graduation requirements.