In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and as part of our commitment to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, Texas Southmost College is delivering most of its instruction and services online. As a result, the College will not be requiring students to purchase parking permits for the Spring 2021 semester. Restrictions will remain and include, but are not limited to, parking in a fire lane, staff parking, disabled placard misuse, and overnight parking will still be enforced and cited accordingly.
Parking permits are required for faculty/staff and students to park in all restricted parking lots (campus map), including designated handicapped parking spaces.
The person issued a parking permit is responsible for all violations and tickets cited to that permit.
Individuals with personal disabled permits must also display a valid Texas Southmost College parking permit to park in a handicapped space. Parking in a handicapped space without a valid Texas Southmost College permit will result in a citation.
No parking permit fees are charged for permanently disabled people or disabled veterans as defined by Articles 6675a-5e and 6675a-5e.1 of Vernon’s Texas Civil Statutes.
Types of Citations
Types of citations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- No parking permit
- Expired parking permit
- Improper display of parking permit
- Parking where prohibited (Fire Lane, Handicapped, Faculty/Staff, Visitor, Reserved, Loading/Unloading)
- Parking in a Visitor space, with or without a permit, while an employee or student at Texas Southmost College
- Parking where there is no designated parking space
- Double-parked (encroaching on another parking space)
- Parking in a handicapped space without properly displaying a valid handicap placard/license plate or disabled veteran license plate issued by the state of Texas (Placard/license plate must be issued to same individual issued a Texas Southmost College parking permit)
- $25 per citation, other fees may apply
- $100 for boot removal
Purchasing a Permit
To obtain a permit, all outstanding parking fines must be paid. You will be asked to provide your driver’s license, license plate number, and the make and model of your vehicle.
The cost of a parking permit is as follows:
- Student parking permit: $60 annually
- Faculty/staff parking permit: $60 annually
- Adjunct faculty parking permit: $20 per semester
Parking permits may be purchased from the Cashier window in the Oliveira Building. The Cashier window is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Payroll deductions are available for full-time faculty and staff. You may submit a completed payroll authorization form to the Cashier window to receive a parking permit or you may forward the form to the finance department and a parking permit will be sent to your department main office.
Purchasing a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space, but does authorize parking in designated parking areas under control of Texas Southmost College.
- Parking permits must be permanently affixed to the vehicle on the inside lower right-hand corner (passenger side) of the windshield.
- Motorcycle permits must be placed in a clearly visible location.
- TSC Parking permits are designed to be transferable to another vehicle – on a temporary basis.
For example, if your vehicle is being serviced and you need to drive another vehicle to campus for a few days, you can remove the permit from your vehicle and place it in the new vehicle. When your vehicle is ready, simply transfer the permit back to your regular vehicle.