Transfer Admissions Process:
- Prospective transfer students who have taken courses at other institutions should submit an application for admissions through Apply Texas at https://goapplytexas.org/.
- An active application is required to move forward with the enrollment process
- It takes 2-3 business days to be processed.
Request official high school and college transcripts from previous institution(s) before registering for courses.
Official transcripts must be in an original sealed envelope and submitted to TSC:
- In-person at the Admissions & Records Office.
- Mail to:
Admissions & Records Office
80 Fort Brown
Brownsville, TX 78520
- Online: Transcripts may be sent electronically from another institution via Parchment, or EScripSafe. When using these companies to send a transcript, please have the official transcript sent to [email protected].
TSC does not accept faxed or scanned transcripts. Do not send these via email, as they will not be accepted.
- A student must be complete with the admissions process before the evaluation can begin.
- Allow the Office of Admissions & Records 10-12 business days for evaluation. The time frame is dependent on the volume of transcripts received.
- TSC will transfer credits from a regional accredited institutions as long as the grade is a C or above. When a course has been repeated, the last grade stands.
- Developmental, technical, and vocational courses are non-transferrable unless courses pertaining a specific program at TSC are approved by an academic Dean.
(For more information visit the Admissions & Records Office)
- If a Bachelor’s or higher level degree has been awarded to you at your previous institution no academic evaluation will be completed. However, wanting to obtain a degree at TSC will give you eligibility to transfer only lower level courses towards your program of study.
(Request must be initiated by your academic advisor to the admissions and records office via email)
- To learn about the courses you have completed that will transfer to TSC please visit www.tccns.org *Note that not all colleges or universities are listed.
- Evaluation of course credit taken at other institutions does not assure approval of credit for use towards TSC degree requirements.
- Submit one proofs of Texas state residency for tuition purposes to the Office of Admissions. All residency documents must include the student’s name and address and be dated 12 months prior to the first class day.
*Fall Semester: August ________ *Spring Semester: January ________
*Summer I Semester: June________ *Summer II Semester: July ________
- Examples of proof of residency include:
- Valid Permanent Texas Driver’s License or ID card
- Lease Agreement
- Texas High School or College Transcript
- Bank Statement
- Texas Voter Registration Certificate
- Property Tax Statement or Receipt
- Employer Statement with Employment Dates
- Utility Bill
Note: If you are a naturalized citizen or legal resident, submit the original copy of your naturalization certificate or permanent resident card.
- Provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination.
- State law requires that entering students show evidence of receiving a bacterial meningitis vaccination or booster dose during the five (5) year period prior to enrollment. The law allows for some exceptions.
- Students are exempt if they are 22 years of age or older
- If your program requires a Math and /or English course that was not satisfied by transfer credit, you may require to complete our college state-mandated reading, writing and/ or math assessment exam prior to registering.
- Please visit the Testing Center to schedule your assessment.
- Students enrolling in Level One Certificate programs that do not identify skill levels are not required to test.
- You must fulfill the state-mandated assessment test requirements before visiting an academic advisor.
- Transfer students with fewer than twelve (12) college-level semester hours are mandated to schedule an advising session.
- Advisors will assist you in selecting a program of study and developing your degree plan.