- Complete and submit the admission application through ApplyTexas.
- An active application is required to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Fall Semester: July 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Summer I: April 1
- Summer II: May 1
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer I: May 1
- Summer II: June 1
Submit official TOEFL: Results must be from a U.S. National TOEFL (international version). No residual or
Institutional TOEFL exam taken at another U.S. institution will be accepted.
- Minimum TOEFL score required: Internet-based test -61 IBT (Official letter with scores must be submitted to TSC testing office). E-mails or copies will not be accepted.
Test scores are valid only for two calendar years. Please visit www.toefl.org for more information, test dates, location, and registration.
- Submit copy of valid passport valid for 6 months or more. *Will not accept expired documents.
- Mexican national students may also submit; copy of voters’ registration card and/or B1/B2 visa.
- Transfer students may submit current immigration documents (I-20, valid student visa, and I-94).
- Nonimmigrant Visa
- Submit official high school or college transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
Note: If you do not have a final transcript, a constancia (official letter from High School or University) will be accepted temporarily. The Official letter must include: student’s name, years of attendance, courses completed and /grades received. (Deadline to submit evaluation of transcripts is: First week of school.)
*Official High School or College Transcript must be evaluated & translated with a Foreign Credential Evaluation services Agency. Select from :
- Span Tran Educational Services, Inc.. 2400 Augusta Dr. Suite 451, Houston, TX 77057, Ph. 713-266-8805, Website: https://www.spantran.com.
- World Education Services, Inc. P.O. Box Bowling Green Station, New York NY 10274-5087, Ph. 212-966-6311 Fax: 212-739-6100, Website: https://www.wes.org.
- Educational Credential Evaluators,. Inc. P.O. Box 514070, Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470, Ph. 414-289-3400, Fax: 414-2893411, Website: https://www.ece.org.
- Provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination no later than 10 calendar days before the beginning of school.
*Texas state law requires that entering students show evidence of receiving a bacterial meningitis vaccination or booster dose during the five (5) year period prior to enrollment. The law allows for some exceptions. Information is also available through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- The state of Texas requires all students enrolling in college to meet the Texas Success Initiative (TSI). Submit T.S.I. test scores or provide official documentation for Texas Success Initiative (TSI) exemption or compliance (TAKS/STAR test scores or official college transcript).
IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTATION & VISA
- The Office of Admissions & Records provides the immigration document (I-20) necessary to obtain student visa at the U.S. Consulate/Embassy. TSC must receive all admissions documentation before issuing I-20.
- DHS requires that copies of evidence of available funds, sufficient for at least one year of study be provided to our office before any request for a New SEVIS I-20 may be processed. These documents must be dated within the last 60 days.
Minimum Coverage Requirements (Insurance must cover student upon arrival into the United States.)
- Medical Benefits – unlimited maximum on benefits
- No Pre-existing condition limitation
- Medical Evacuation – $10,000 or more
- Repatriation – $7,500 or more
- Deductible cannot exceed $500 per accident or illness
- All insurance policies must be compliant with the Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
* Note All Mexican Nationals are not required, but encouraged to purchase medical insurance.
- Meet with an academic advisor to select a program of study (mandatory) after completing required tests and admission process.* Note: All international students are required to be enrolled 12 credit hours under immigration requirements. Those students under part time status are under an F3 visa as a part-time border commuter.
INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRATION ORIENTATION (MANDATORY)
- Specific dates for Orientation for New International Students will be announced once the student receives the I-20.