The Texas Southmost College Visiting Scholar (TSC-VS) program will allow TSC to recruit and welcome local, national and international instructors to campus on a temporary basis. Locally, TSC has a plethora of either unutilized or underutilized talent which affords TSC the unique opportunity to address our current instructional and professional development needs. In addition to the local content experts, the TSC-VS positions will allow TSC the opportunity to recruit a diversity of national and international instructors. The creation of the TSC-VS program will enhance and/or highlight all academic divisions.
Examples of the broad spectrum of opportunities includes:
- Art: With the addition of the TSC Art Gallery, the TSC Department of Fine Arts and Languages will be able to bring visiting artists to campus. The visiting art instructor will be able to exhibit their work for the local community and provide workshops and instruction for TSC students, including dual credit students.
- Music: For our music courses, the Department of Fine Arts and Languages will target a diversity of visiting musicians to campus. The position will also allow national and international faculty to work alongside our own internationally recognized guitar instructor.
- English: The visiting instructor position will allow local, national and international authors to come to campus to work with students in the creative writing courses.
- College Preparatory Studies: TSC, as a HSI, leads the nation in working with developmental education. The TSC visiting faculty positions will allow instructors, national and international, the opportunity to come onto campus to learn from our CPS division.
- Architecture: The Architecture Program will target instructors who will bring a diverse style and technique to our current program. The instructors will be able to not only learn from our resident experts, but also share their expertise in the design studios.