The Dual Enrollment program builds an academic bridge to college, providing students and their parents with a preview of post-secondary standards and expectations while studying in a familiar high school classroom setting.
Through the Dual Enrollment program, eligible high school students may enroll in college courses while attending high school; taking courses in place of, or in addition to, the normal course load at their high school. High school students admitted to the program must meet the same requirements as all other college students within the guidelines established by The Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
Students participating in the program may receive college credit only, or both high school and college credit, as determined by the policy of the student’s high school. College credit earned upon successful completion of Dual Enrollment courses may be applied towards an Associate Degree at TSC or may transfer to other colleges and universities.
- Students enrolled in Dual Enrollment courses are required to maintain regular and punctual attendance in all classes.
- The student is responsible to communicate with faculty members concerning any absence; in advance whenever possible.
- The student may be required to present evidence to support an absence, and make–up work for class absences will be permitted only as specified by the faculty in the course syllabus.
- Dropping a course is the responsibility of the student and not taking the appropriate steps may result in a grade of “F” (failing) for the course.
- Faculty may withdraw students prior to the withdrawal deadline when, in the opinion of the faculty, the student would have difficulty in successfully completing the course.
Dual Enrollment students have access to the campus library and tutoring services with their TSC student ID card. DE students do not have access to the Recreation Center.
- Brownsville Early College High School
- Gladys Porter High School
- Homer Hanna High School
- James Pace High School
- Lopez High School
- Simon Rivera High School
- Veterans Memorial High School
- IDEA San Benito
- La Feria High School
- Port Isabel High School
- South Texas Academy for Medical Professions
- First Baptist School
- St. Joseph Academy
- Valley Christian High School
- Marine Military Academy
- Harmony Science Academy