The Program provides an overview of:
- Agricultural systems
- Principles and practices in the development, production, and management of field crops
- Impact of the environment and technology on plant production
- Fundamental economic principles and their application in the agricultural industry
The Program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
- Conduct experiments and communicate effectively the results of scientific investigations of various field crops focusing on impact or adaptation to specific soils or climates.
- Investigate methods and impact of environmental manipulation and technologies on plant production.
- Apply economic principles to agricultural production, marketing, and consumption.