- All students applying for the Associate Degree Nursing Program must take and meet the minimum requirements of the HESI A2 and Critical Thinking exams. Students should not take the entrance exam packet until pre-requisites are complete and you are ready to apply to the program.
- To register for the ADN Pre-Entrance Exams students must call the Testing Center at 956-295-3660 to get information. Seating is limited on schedule HESI exam days. Please do not register for the exam until you have completed the pre-requisites for the program.
- The cost for both the HESI exam will be $47. The cost for the LVN to ADN entrance exam is $53.
The Admission Assessment Exams may be taken twice during the calendar year; however, there is a 30-day waiting period between exams.
The LVN to ADN entrance exam will not be available in the Testing Center until after August 2019.
- Results from the Admission Assessment Exams can be obtained from the TSC testing center on the day of the exam.
- Examinees must report to the computer lab assigned on their scheduled test date. There are no refunds for a missed appointment.
- Students MUST bring their TSC student ID card and one other form of ID to be admitted to the testing area for the Admission Assessment Exams.
- The most recent HESI scores will be recorded in the entrance grid. If a student repeats the HESI, the entire HESI admission exam must be repeated. Scores will not be accepted from different HESI exams taken on different dates.
The HESI A2 exams is designed to assess the academic and personal readiness of prospective students interested in nursing. Entrance into the Nursing program will rank students based on their scores in Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge, Math, and Anatomy & Physiology.
The Critical Thinking exam is a 25 item exam that ranges in score from 0-1000. The score represents the students’ abilities:
- Problem Solving
- Biases and Ethical Dilemmas
- Argument Analysis
- Analysis of Data
The HESI LVN-ADN Entrance Exam is a comprehensive exam to identify strengths and weaknesses in LVN content areas, and is designed for use as an entrance exam for current LVNs seeking entrance into an ADN program. Entrance into the Nursing program will rank students based on their scores in Fundamentals, Medical-Surgical, Professional Issues, and Psychiatric/Mental Illness, as well as their overall composite score. Please not Pediatrics and Maternity are tested on this exam and captured in the composite score; however they will not be ranked in their individual score.