Vision 2023 Strategic Goals
Foster Student Success
- Develop pathways with degree plans to move students to completion.
- Focus on non-traditional/adult students.
- Develop a tuition and fee structure to become the best value in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Increase engagement of faculty in student advising.
- Provide a Freshman Seminar (student success course: ORIN0101) for all FTIC students (mandatory for all freshman and those transferring with less than 12 SCHs).
- Mandate student participation in a high quality orientation.
- Expand articulation agreements with universities.
- Focus on literacy across the curriculum.
- Holistically address the social issues faced by students.
- Employ high impact strategies and services in academic and student support.
- Create an Honors Program.
- Support more collaboration between full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Have a strong Center for Teaching and Learning.
Lead Regional Workforce Development
- Work with employers to develop programs and internships that are aligned with job market demands (e.g., trades, welding, solar, and wind turbines, etc.)
- Strengthen and develop partnerships with business and industry.
- Tailor marketing efforts to reach employers in the service region.
- Pursue embedded industry certifications and third party program accreditations.
- Expand continuing /community service education offerings.
- Create a systematic way to evaluate program viability.
- Identify and promote marketable skills.
Enhance Community Connections
- Increase the number of college sponsored events for the community.
- Establish a TSC/Fort Brown Information Center (provide memorabilia and tours).
- Hold camps for middle and high school students.
- Support an Academy for Lifelong Learning.
- Initiate an alumni association.
- Incorporate faculty into outreach programs.
- Develop a monthly online newsletter.
- Identify a sponsor(s) for the TSC Performing Arts Center.
Enrich the Student Experience
- Enhance teaching and learning spaces with updated equipment, furniture, and technology to reflect a collegiate environment.
- Enhance student engagement outside the classroom.
- Provide transportation to and from ITECC.
- Provide food services on campus.
- Create off-site instructional sites in cooperation with K-12 and community partners.
- Maximize the use of learning technologies (ex: Canvas).
- Conduct a study regarding the adequacy of library services.
- Develop a robust college and programs of study marketing plan.
Invest in Each Other
- Develop a focused professional development program for all employees.
- Create an Adjunct Academy.
- Develop an onboarding program for new faculty and staff.
- Conduct periodic salary surveys in an effort to remain competitive.
- Support faculty in work on pathways, learning outcomes, and general education.
- Continue a tuition assistance program for employees.
- Undertake a process optimization effort across lines in the organization.
Download the Vision 2023 Brochure