Texas Southmost College offers Emergency Tuition Loan. Emergency Tuition Loan is a short term loan geared to protect your classes. Emergency Tuition Loan is for tuition and mandatory fees only (not books). Loan must be paid by September 11, 2020. As your community college, we want for all our students to reach their academic and career goals.
Qualifications for Emergency Tuition Loan
- Have applied for Financial Aid, and completed ALL Financial Aid paperwork
- Be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher)
- Be enrolled for six or more credit hours which are eligible for Financial Aid
- Have a zero balance with TSC for prior semesters
- Not on Financial Aid suspension.
- Download and Review Emergency Tuition Loan Information
- Fill out and sign the Emergency Tuition Loan Information, then submit to [email protected] Requests will be screened for eligibility. This form will be available from 08/07/2020 to 08/19/2020
- Wait for Approval/Denial by email
- Complete the highlighted sections in the Emergency Tuition Loan (Promissory Note) upon approval submit to [email protected]
- An email will be sent to notify student the Emergency Tuition Loan has been approval.
Q&A for Emergency Tuition Loan
What is an Emergency Student Loan?
A short term loan to cover your tuition and mandatory fees.
How fast can I get an Emergency Student Loan?
Within two business days after Emergency Tuition Loan Information submitted.
Do I have to pay interest for an Emergency Loan?
No, the emergency tuition loan is interest-free.
What is the maximum loan amount?
The amount will not exceed $500.00.
What is the payment deadline for the Emergency Tuition Loan?
September 11, 2020
How do I apply for the Emergency Loan?
Fill out Emergency Tuition Loan Information Form on the application process and submit to [email protected].