Texas Southmost College recognizes the credit-granting scores recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE). Students can be granted a maximum of 32 hours of non-course based credit. No credit will be awarded until the student has successfully completed as least six (6) hours of course credit from Texas Southmost College.
CLEP/ AP students will earn equivalent college credit from TSC when attaining the scores indicated and the credit is treated as equal to a grade of C in the corresponding course (but is not included in GPA calculations).
Request for AP/ CLEP Score Entry
- Students must submit a request form (AP/CLEP score entry form) and official AP/CLEP scores to the Testing Office.
- If a student misplaces their official scores they must request an additional official score report from the College Board website.
- Student must then submit the scores to the Testing Office at Texas Southmost College.
- Testing Specialist verifies if the official scores are met. If scores are met, there is a 24 hour waiting period for them to appear in the system.
- An Admissions Specialist will receive a list from the Testing Office of students who met the requirements for AP/CLEP credit and will award a grade of “CR” for these students.
- The student will be responsible for following up with an Admissions Specialist, to verify if the credit(s) is/are awarded.
- Student meets with an Academic
TSC Approved Credit by Exam Courses
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:58